- A Call Option gives the prospective buyer the right to buy the property from the seller.
- A Put Option gives the seller the right to sell the property to the buyer
- A Put and Call Option, as the name suggests, is a combination of the above.
It gives the prospective buyer the right to buy the property from the seller,
and the seller the right to sell the property to the buyer.
The Call Option is a method used by developers to secure their right to buy property for proposed developments. It provides an opportunity for planning, assessments, arranging finance and conducting due diligence.
Assure Lawyers advises on option agreements and attends to drafting, negotiating and/or reviewing option agreements, including the nomination and assignment of options.
- Purpose of the loan
- Loan amount and loan term
- Early repayment and extension of loan term
- Interest and repayment date
- Security and personal guarantees
- Priority of lenders
If borrowing from banks or other institutional lenders, it is commonly required or recommended that a guarantor or borrower must obtain independent legal advice in relation to the loan, guarantee, mortgage and other security documents.
We review loan documents, advise on the legal implications and provide a solicitor’s certificate (if required).
Please note that we do not provide financial advice or negotiate with lenders.